Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to get willow withies?

Posted by girlndocs WA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 6, 06 at 21:42

I want to build a simple willow fence around my flowerbeds. Because time is of the essence I want to buy the willow sticks rather than hunting around for sufficient amounts in empty lots, etc.

I have found numerous sources from the UK, but the only sources of dried willow sticks I've been able to find in the US are bundles for interior decor priced at over a dollar a stick!

Does anyone know if a source for bolts of dried willow for weaving hurdle or wattle style fencing?

Thanks,
Kristin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to get willow withies?

Why not cut your own?

There must be willow thickets near you.

o

I'm sure there are, but I have 2 kids and a house full of pets and I never seem to have enough time to do the things I absolutely need to, let alone all the stuff I want to do, so I had to let go of the DIY guilt for not harvesting my own ;)

For anyone who might come this way after me, Willow Dreams Farm in KY carries dried rods as well as live cuttings for fedges. I've contacted them about prices and will follow up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willow Dreams Farm

o

Thanks for sharing Willow Dreams Farm. Her story makes you feel like you have known them for a while. good luck on your fence. June

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here