Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Swing Seat

Posted by stuwills (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 08 at 6:14

Hi everyone
My partner is extremelly keen to buy a swing bench type thing for our garden in the near future.
Does anyone have any experience with these? Can you advise?

In particular i would like advice on:
Positioning and substrate (we don't want to sink! Ok to put on lawn?)
Any brands you would recommend or where to buy
Advice on protecting it from the elements - I know you can buy a cover, will this suffice for winter or do you dismantle?
A guide on price

I'm in the UK so you may not be able to help me with all of these but any advice offered would be gratefully received
Huge thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Swing Seat

Depending on your type of soil, I would think you could put it on the lawn. However, you could also buy just enough pavers to go under it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here