Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wcoast_artist

Dissapearing Fountain

wcoast_artist
9 years ago

Hi, I�m new to the Forum and have questions someone may be able to help with. We are landscaping our backyard and our intention is to add a disappearing fountain as one of the features. My intent is to make one out of a glazed ceramic urn/vase. The urn we have selected is about 40" high and 20" wide at its� widest. My intention is to seal the inside with an epoxy sealer or a concrete sealer. I�m also thinking is should fill the bottom � with pebbles to help with stability.

I�d like to put this on a 36" � 48" reservoir. Is there a particular brand/model I should be looking at?
Some sites I�ve looked at suggest a 950 GPH pump for this tall of a pump. One I�ve been looking at is the Pondmaster 950 GPH Mag pump. Any thoughts comments on this are appreciated.

Should I be looking at additional filtration, other than comes with the pump. The immediate area around the fountain will be flagstone. The reservoir will be covered with black Mexican beach pebbles.

Is an auto-water level feature something I should be looking at as well, or do most people just monitor the level and add as needed.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting