Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Memorial bench...plants for behind it

Posted by cadillactaste zone 5 Ohio (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 14 at 16:36

I have placed a memorial bench at the back corner of our property for our beloved fur pets. I have read that one should not have the back part of the bench where one can walk up upon...it needs planted.

That said it's a semi shady spot. I have planted a Hibiscus Blue Satin to the far back right of the bench. Pondering tall grasses...for behind it. But am open to suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Memorial bench...plants for behind it

Perhaps some small flowering bushes? Or something that has winter appeal?

o

Thanks BeesNeeds... I had originally thought ornamental tall grass. But with the tree...I don't feel it would get enough sun. I will look Into some winter drama shrubs to go behind it.

o

If you are worried about sun, you might want to try shade tolerant succulents. Some of those are pretty hardy, can tolerate shade, and might look nice among the rocks.

There are a whole handful of winter drama plants that are lovely year round. Hollies can be lovely too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here