Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Critique These Solar Lights

Posted by breezyb z6/7VA (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 05 at 9:53

Saw these in the latest "Frontgate" catalog e-mail advertisement & am sorely tempted. Set of 2 lights is normally $99.00, but they are running a buy one set get one set free special.

I haven't dealt with solar technology for many years & wonder if there have been any improvements made since my last dimmer-than-dim solar lights died & were ditched way back when.

Here is a link that might be useful: Frontgate Sale Solar Lights

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Critique These Solar Lights

Some are prety good but get a good replacement warranty.

Rarely do a set have equal brightness.
And even the good ones can start to fail quickly.
And styles change so fast you might not be able to match the others in the set.

Low voltage is still the better way to go IMO. Cheap safe and they work. Some of the better systems are really bright.

o
RE: Critique These Solar Lights

• Posted by jkom51 Z9 CA/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 21, 05 at 0:36

The newer multiple LED solars work quite well. Metal construction is preferable to plastic, but even with the cheapo solar accent lighting, our extensive experience has been very good over the last three years with various brands (Malibu, Sunergy, Westinghouse, Galaxy).

Here's a link to a discussion a while back on the Landscaping Forum where I contributed two posts (jkom51), near the end. Note my points on siting them however -- if you don't have the right site for them, you're wasting your money.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here