Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tkromo

Outdoor Rugs

tkromo
17 years ago

I am looking to talk to people who've purchased and used an all-weather/outdoor rug outside. I'd like to know how it held up and all that fun stuff.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Thaddeus

tkromelis@gmail.com

Comments (7)

• andee_gw
    17 years ago

I bought a small one from Frontgate several years ago to use in front of the grill. It doesn't take quite the weather beating that a large one would because we throw it upside down over the grill when not using it, but it's still exposed to rain and snow. Although the main part of it still looks fine, the edges that wrap all the way around are frayed which makes it look a bit ratty. I'm thinking of replacing it soon.

• tweedbunny
    16 years ago

Ive found that any outdoor rug attracts more junk. Leaves, fur, birdsead, potting soil... Unless I'm spraying it off every other day it looks dirty. We have a rug just inside we wipe our feet on instead.

• natalie4b
    16 years ago

I have purchased one in Lowe's about 6 months back, and so far I love it! It dries fast after the rain, and it's a pleasure to step on rather then concrete. My main concern was mildew, and so far it's been fine. Also, it makes patio much more welcoming and pleasant IMO.

• iowajewel
    15 years ago

I just bought one on Ebay that is made from recycled plastic bottles. I will let you know what it's like and how it holds up after I get it. Kindof excited because I was looking for something really colorful for around our pool, not the normal neutrals that most outdoor rugs are.
    Julie

• Monzi zone 8a South Carolina
    15 years ago

I bought mine from Lowes and I leave it out year round.No fading,no mold ,it dries out quickly after heavy rain,looks great after 2 years and I would buy another (if this one ever wears out !)in a heartbeat !!It is also on my wood deck with no problems.

• shellie911
    11 years ago

How are all the outdoor rugs holding out? I am thinking of getting one also. Since this thread is a few years old I figured you all would know if you liked them or not. Thanks so much! Have a super great day!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County