Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar light and pump for a birdbath Fountain

Posted by wmas1960 Chicago (My Page) on
Sun, May 13, 12 at 15:42

I have a situation for which I hope some out there can have some recommendations. My wife and I are looking to create a small memorial garden for our parents who have all past over the last few years. We are incorporating features and subjects that they all enjoyed or that remind us of them. Among the items that I am taking from their old home is a birdbath with a small about 2' statue fountain. The lift wont be more than 36" at most and the flow doesnt need to be much. The statue is a child holding, I think, a seashell and fills the shell and overflows into the base of the birdbath. The garden would be out in our backyard, about 75 feet from the house. We would like to put a pump in the birdbath but don't want to run electric out to the garden. also, I would like to consider something that would allow some illumination in the basin and a battery backup.

All the fountains I see online have lift tubes and nozzles or floating pads. All I need Is something that will feed water through a tube connected to the base of the statue. There is a compartment under the statue to holds the pump, so, the actual pump can't be too large.

One other thought I had was a solar power supply that could power an AC Pump and lights that wouldn't be too obnoxious in size.

Thanks for any recommendations,

Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar light and pump for a birdbath Fountain

Update: I just took a look at the statue. The height that water has to rise is,actually, only 15".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here