Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
re-webbing old style aluminum furniture

Posted by cateyanne zone 5/6 Northern Oh (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 14 at 20:43

I have some cool old aluminum chairs that I would like to re-web. the old stuff was nylon and came in a variety of colors, some with colored stripes. I haven't had any luck locating the nylon webbing. there are some online sources for rubber or vinyl webbing, but that isn't the retro look I want. Anyone have any knowledge of this product? It used to be easily found in local hardware stores, but not anymore. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: re-webbing old style aluminum furniture

I think I know what you are talking about. You can still find it online. For local sources, maybe try pool and spa places, or big box stores that have a large garden department.
You might be able to find suitable webbing at your local fabric store. Sometimes they have wide trims of webbing meant for things like putting straps on gym bags or fashion belts.

o

Saw what I thought was cool for re-placement of webbing on Pinterest. use of old belts. I have one that I will do. need 3 more belts lol.

o

I got some of the webbing years ago from the Vermont country store. You can check and see if they still sell it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here