Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Suggestions for a privacy fence on top of a rock wall

Posted by lynnmariep86 8 DFW (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 17:04

Does anyone have any suggestion for something that might decorate a plain wooden privacy fence that is sitting on top of a rock wall in my back yard? I was thinking maybe something iron as I'm trying for a New Orleans look, but I am very un artistic! Or a mirror that looks like a window if I can find one. And where would be a good place to shop for outdoor art?

Thanks in adavance!

Lynn Marie from the Texas Forum!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suggestions for a privacy fence on top of a rock wall

Well you need to go over to the "Garden Junk forum" which is where I hang out a lot!! Kirk in Wash. state just made a terrific potting bench with iron pieces & antique hooks. so that would give you an idea of what would look good on a wall as the back of his bench is high(yes, 3 antique fridge doors from days they were made of wood) Notice the neat iron hanging on it for decoration! Also best places to look for items for wall are Thrift shop(TS)is short version the GW-Goodwill store is another place folks look & if there is a Habit for Humanity store they have stuff sometimes from other peoples houses etc. YS or GS Yard sale or garage sale is another source for neat stuff or Estate sales. Some folks curb shop(stuff left by curb that people don't want)please don't make a mess of their stuff- try to just take what you want & put other objects you may have moved back on curb where you found them. We have a strong need to recycle & recreate & make beauty out of objects most folks throw out. Our landfills are too full already. Jeanne just tonight posted a Barnwood bloom & butterfly & it is beautiful & she often sells them. It is piece of old wood, a fan blade she made two tone brown & a beautiful brass butterfly with flower stem a hammered down curtain rod. No longer junk but lovely fence addition. There is an Album of stuff folks have made from concrete, glass, old windows, flower plates, totems of glass, tools, benches etc. So well worth checking it out.I think at top or this forum you can see "Garden Junk" & click on it to get there otherwise go to top where it says forums & click on that & go to "Garden forums" & down to garden junk. There are so many forums but that is my favorite! Mostly retired people & very creative. Also a discussion or conversations side so we can talk about personal stuff if we want to & encourage someone if they are sick or buying a house etc. Hope this is what you are looking for! Jan

o

Thanks, Jan! I'll check those out.

o

Here's what I did...

Here is a link that might be useful: Texas forum posting

o
Saw it on GJ

Saw your wall & the great "windows" you made on GJ forum!1 They look great with the mirrors in them! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here