Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pippi21

Outdoor plant stand ideas

pippi21
13 years ago

Looking for ideas how to create or buy something that I can use for an outdoor plant stand. Different heights would be nice. I thought of terracotta chimney tiles, preassure treated wood made into a column type plant stand that I could sit a flowerpot on. I have a really heavy concrete bird bath and Debbie Baldwin has a new book out on Cactus and succulent plants that shows succulents planted in a bird bath and colored glass pebbles laying around the soil and votive candles or battery operated votives surrounding it picking up the reflexion of the glass pebbles. The bird bath is beautiful but it takes 2 adults to lift the bowl of the bird bath off the base. I even thought of buying a round piece of glass to put over the top. Remember the floating flower candles that you could put in a bowl of water. That would work too for a nice ambiance in the evenings. Just have to remember to remove the floating candles when finished because the hot sun will melt them the next day. Any other ideas for plant stands, either from concrete or stone or wood?

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County