Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorriekay_gw

Garden Glove Recommendation?

lorriekay
16 years ago

I am looking for a thin garden glove mostly to pull weeds. I need to be able to "feel" very well through them.

Any recommendations?

thanks

Comments (7)

• Dottie B.
    16 years ago

I use disposable latex gloves quite often when I need to feel what I am doing. They are cheap and readily available now. If you are allergic to Latex, try Nitrile gloves. Also fairly inexpensive, and I am noticing them in dollar stores now too, so that's a plus.

• oakleif
    16 years ago

I use the latex gloves also and they work great on most weeding chores, I keep leather gloves over them when doing other things and can slip the leather gloves off easily.

• jodik_gw
    16 years ago

If you can't get the latex gloves, or can't wear them, Ace Hardware sells a glove that is relatively thin, a cotton-like material, and has green latex or some kind of green rubber coating on the palm and fingers. Works great for most gardening chores, and I can still "feel" what I'm doing through them. They come in lady's sizes, too!

I use surgical gloves when working with some crafting materials, however, I hate that my hands sweat inside them... I'm with you, though... I have to be able to feel what I'm working with!

• Ina Plassa_travis
    16 years ago

I never, ever, ever wore gloves.

but I'll admit that the Foxgloves that my Theoretical Botanist friend (loves flowers, hates dirt, bugs, and anything that might spoil her manicure) bought me on a whim...

have proven to be darned useful things. like they let me get an even better grip on tap roots.

hate to say it - but I'm impressed.

• FlowrPowr
    16 years ago

You really have to try Atlas garden gloves. I bought my first pair two years ago, and they are the best garden gloves. They are coated with a thin latex on the fingers and palm, but the back of the glove is really thin so air can get through. I have gone through several pairs, I wear the fingertips out weeding, but they are worth buying a couple of pairs a year for the protection they offer. Before I started using them I used latex gloves, but they weren't strong enough. My husband even uses the atlas gloves for working on his hot rod, he says he can feel delicate parts better than other gloves he's tried. Here is a link to their website. The 370 short glove is the one I use. The neatest thing about them is after you wear them one time they take on every crease in your fingers and palm. Then they fit like a second skin. (And I don't work for Atlas in case anyone was wondering! :) I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Lori

Here is a link that might be useful: Atlas gloves

• kimpa zone 9b N. Florida.
    16 years ago

Thanks Flowrpowr, I love these gloves too. Bought them at a flower show last year. But through your link to Palmflex, I got 12 pairs for $36, no shipping. Anyone interested look for the "garden club members click here" and you get 10% off. I will have plenty for giving to friends and myself.

• garden_began_2007
    16 years ago

I have the most sensative skin and I can't handle latex gloves, Nitrile gloves, leather and sheepskin give me hives and I bought a pair of the Atlas gloves last week at my local garden center. FINALLY I can stay outside with gloves on all day without breaking out in rashes! They also don't dry my hands out like other garden gloves tend to do.

Best I have tried so far!

Sponsored