Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Statuary Fountain

Posted by gailmctx Zone 8 Texas (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 30, 05 at 6:53

I have a three tier statuary fountain. We were hit by hurrican Rita last month, and the fountain got knocked over by a section of fence that fell. Now there are several small cracks in the fountain, and it leaks slowly. I have tried sealing the cracks, but I have been unable to stop the leaks. I would like to put the fountain in a water reservoir, so that the leaking doesn't matter. I have been unable to find what I'm looking for. I have done internet searches on basin, reservoir, reflection pool, above ground pond, etc. I also considered creating a pond and putting the fountain in it, but I think I would rather just have the fountain without the pond. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Statuary Fountain

Look for a pre-formed pond liner at least half again the diameter of the largest fountain basin. Dig a hole in the ground so that the lip of the liner is even with the soil surface. A metal grid over the top of the liner will support the fountain, but if particularly heavy, you may need concrete blocks or bricks in the base of the liner to provide additional support. You can disguise the grid and liner by covering with decorative rock. These reservoirs look best with a very naturalistic or simple water source - not exactly the right style for a more formal statuary fountain - but it should work fine.

And please accept my sympathies for the disruption and destruction Rita inflicted on you. So far away from hurricanes and tornadoes and the like, it's hard to imagine what you all must be going through.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here