Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas lawn deer plans?

Posted by nicewitch z6B OntCan (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 05 at 0:44

Does anyone know of a website offering free downloadable plans/patterns for plywood lawn deer? Or, if you've got the pattern in a book, I'll gladly pay copying and postage costs. I'm looking for the ones where the body/head is cut out separately from the antlers and legs, and then the parts slot together to make a 3-D figure that stands up on its own. I'm really planning to make miniature versions from cardboard, as a craft for the neighbour kids to do before Christmas. I can't believe I just spent over an hour searching the web for this (and only found plans to buy, despite what the Google search list said about free) before I thought to ask on GardenWeb! Thanks in advance for any input.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas lawn deer plans?

Here is a site that has the instructions and links for the plans (for sale). It would be very easy to make your own patterns based on their pictures.
...Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: Reindeer Plans and Instructions

o
RE: Christmas lawn deer plans?

• Posted by Boop 5/6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 28, 05 at 21:09

I have a wooden one that I could trace for you that is smaller than the links. It has 6 pieces that connect together and can be taken apart. Horns, head,neck, torso, 2 sets of legs. Plastic eyes and fake eyelashes, red Pom pom Nose. Its very cute. My Mother in law made it years ago. I decorate with it every Christmas. Email If you need plan. I just started dragging out Xmas decorations.

Boop

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Accoutrements Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here