Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_lover

What seeds are you starting this year?

I am already planning what seeds I will be starting this year and I am anxiously awaiting for the time to plant them. I know it is too early yet but I have ordered some. I am going to plant lots of wave petunias this year since I had such good luck with them last year. Also will be planting impatiens, coleus, New Guinea Impatiens, Lisianthus, Bishop's Children Dahlias (these also did really well last year) and probably some Zinnia.

These are the petunia seeds that I already have:

Rosy Dawn Easy Wave Petunia
Burgundy Velour Easy Wave Petunia
Tidal Wave Silver Petunia
Plum Pudding Mix Easy Wave Petunia
Opposites Attract Easy Wave Petunia
African Sunset Petunia
Baby Duck Petunia

What are your plans for the upcoming growing season?

Linda

Comments (7)

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    9 years ago

Planning and placing my seed order is actually on my to-do list for the day - what a timely post :0)

I know for sure I will be starting:

* New Guinea impatiens (Divine series - lavender, maybe another color too)

* Zinnia (Uproar Rose and probably Purple Prince)

* Browallia (Million Bells series, the medium blue)

* Vinca (lavender, can't recall the series name, I have to look at the old seed packet, and the Polka Dot ones - white with red eye)

* Impatiens (Super Elfin Blue Pearl and White)

* Petunia (Celebrity Sky Blue and White - just a few for the scent and sentimental reasons)

* Vegetables and herbs: Cherry tomatoes, eggplant, daikon radish, basil, green beans, and maybe a few other things as well)

I will probably grow more than this, but like I said I still have to plan it all out.

• ladyrose65
    9 years ago

Zinnia's: Zahara Sunburst Mix, Scarlett Flame, Uproar & Purple Prince
    Cuphea Cigar plant
    Calendula's: Flashback Mix
    Pentas Graffiti Pl Red Bright

• docmom_gw
    9 years ago

I already started several varieties of coleus from seed under lights. I have tons of saved seeds from Zinnias Purple Prince and Uproar Rose that have become mixed. Also Profusion Pink and Zahara Starlight Rose. I'm going to try Tithonia again, but last spring was so cold that it didn't start blooming much before frost was threatening. I'm sure I'll come up with more annuals by planting time, but that's what I'm planning so far.

Martha

• veronicanh
    9 years ago

Indoors I have started 3 snapdragons from the aroma series,ageratum 'blue horizon',white begonias,and an ornamental grass. Outside for winter sowing,I have larkspur, purple poppies and native lupine.

Other seeds: 'Edwardian',apricot 'profusion',and 'Envy' zinnias,and a deep purple alyssum called 'oriental nights'. Big plans this winter...I hope I have the energy come spring!

• kevbailey
    9 years ago

Lots and lots of Japanese Maples. I collected several thousand seeds last autumn and stratified them all winter. They should start poking their heads through any time now.

• luigiwu
    9 years ago

I'm thinking about growing annuals/wave petunias for the first time this years. Linda, do you have any tips on how to do it well since you had so much success last year?

• msmorningsong
    9 years ago

Asclepias tuberosa

Asclepias incarnata

Coneflowers, several colors

Coral Vine, white

Zinnia, Lilliput and Zowie, more coming

Bergamot

Parsley

Fennel

Dill

Torch Sunflower