Return to the Annuals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will Snapdragons bloom all summer? What about Linaria?

Posted by dcrosby 5MA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 23, 06 at 21:12

Hi There,
If I deadhead my Snapdragons will they bloom all summer? What about Linaria?
Thanks so much!
Dale

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will Snapdragons bloom all summer? What about Linaria?

I'm in zone 5 and my snaps bloomed all summer with deadheading. Just don't let them go to seed and you should be fine.

Tracy

o

i absolutely love snapdragons....so pretty and good in arrangements....they love the coolness of spring..and bloom the best then ......our kansas summers are hard on them..they dont produce the best flowers....but hang in there....when it cools again close to the fall....they bloom better again.i try to keep mine deadheaded also.

o

my snap dragon can't handle the hot climates in the desert in sunny california..

o

Snaps are cool loving plants, here in Alabama they live all through winter though dont bloom then. They start blooms in march and bloom well into summer, but as it heats up in mid summer, they slow down or stop blooming.

o

My summers don't get as hot for as long as down south and out west, but mine do bloom all summer. When they start getting too tall, I start pinching the stems back. Not all at once though. I pinch them just below the bottom flower that's bloomed. You'll be taking a few buds off at the top, but pinching them will make them branch out. More flowers that way and they don't get leggy. Just deadheading the flowers and not pinching the stalk will still get you more flowers, but I like pinching the stalks down better.
Enjoy!

Kat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Annuals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here