Return to the Annuals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'blue' peal impatiens?

Posted by carol_mi z6 MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 11:18

Didn't get much response at the impatien forum so I'll try here. My blue pearl impatien seedlings are coming out pink, without a hint of blue to them. Definitely not what is advertised by T&M. Has anyone else grown these? Are they really supposed to be pepto-bismol pink?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'blue' peal impatiens?

Assuming you are talking about Super Elfin Blue Pearl (and who knows what T & M is actually selling), well....they aren't very darned blue. Here is a link to the BREEDER site of SE Blue Pearl....picture is accurate for color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pan American

o

Mine are even pinker than that. Here's a link to the T&M site. They describe the flower as lilac blue. Funny that the catalog picture is even bluer than the this one.

Think I should ask for a refund.

Here is a link that might be useful: T&M blue pearl

o

I've grown Blue Pearl for many years. They are definitely not blue but pink with a lilac cast to them. It's my favorite color impatiens and goes with my pink, blue, lavender, purple garden color scheme. I plant several hundread each year and they do great. But no catalog should describe them as the color blue.

o

I have a friend that is crazy over the blue imps. They don't appear blue to me unless they're next to something PINK... If they're against a white flower (or any other color for that matter), they appear PINK. They're definitely NOT blue.

o

Certain flowers come in the red spectrum....and others in the blue spectrum. We have a tendency to call one in the red spectrum, blue if it's slightly toward the purple. and We caoo stuff in the yellow/red spectrum pink if it's to the coral.
As of yet, no impatiens is blue...nor is a day lily nor a marigold...and there is not a yellow delphinium, nor a blue rose.
That blue pearl is as blue as impatiens get.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Annuals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here