Wed, Jul 26, 06 at 13:26

Flower:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Foliage:

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: variegated Petunia

Looks viral with those distorted leaves.

o

Could be viral- one never knows.
However, I do know that variegation frequently distorts leaves.
and I would like to think this is dna based variegation based on the broken flower color and the speckled effect.

o
RE: chimeral

Here is a chimeral based variegation from last year showing some leaf distortion.

o

Petunias are commonly affected by the same mosaic diseases of tomatoes, potatoes, etc. The mottled leaves and petals and stunting are typical symptoms of viral infection though there are other physical symptoms, as well. It's interesting, though!

o

Here is my chimeral petunia after the variegation began to stabilize. Unfortunately, the variegation was a little TOO severe for adequate sun tolerance.

o

Here is a new petunia for this year.
The effect is somewhat subtler, though this may lend sun tolerance.
The pattern is pretty regular and unique with each leaf having a thin dark edge and then a thin light border just inside that. However, there is distortion. Always a trade off, I guess.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

making progress....

o

Flower....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Annuals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here