Return to the Annuals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
coleus 'redhead'................

Posted by sunlicious 4 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 3, 12 at 16:33

wow. this has become one of my favorite coleus!!! i can't believe how it has taken the heat and sun of this summer! i have it in a very large container with sweet potato vine 'blackie', papyrus 'king tut', and a supertunia.

i know 'redhead' is suppose to take more sun, but, i am still amazed! chances are pretty good i will be looking for these again next year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: coleus 'redhead'................

How about some pics? I looked it up, and it's really nice. Heat of summer? I'm in Texas, and we have that heat for months, and fall and spring can be very mild, too. Coleus hold up just fine through all of that. They're tougher than they look.

o

well, the upper midwest did do one of their best impressions of "summer in arizona" this year. everyone will start to see the results in the markets soon, if they haven't already. corn looks awful tough---bushel count will be low.

i am new to the computer/smartphone tech, but, will try and post a pic.

o

good on you. i havent had any success in germination. how do you do it? i broadcast mine on moist soilless mix just on top (i dont press it or cover with soil after), i cover with clear plastic and expose to some light not direct though but nothing.

any advice????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Annuals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here