Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jitsmith

Something's killing my Snapdragons

jitsmith
9 years ago

The leaves on my Rocket and Sonnet Snapdragons in front yard are developing little brown bumps on the bottoms (mostly), with leaves yellowing, curling or reversing, then withering off. There is also some spotty yellowing of leaves that don't appear infected yet. Had some insecticidal soap at hand, used it on the off chance it was some bug stage, really think I'll need some sort of fungicide - Neem oil?

Can't post pics, my only camera is HD and files too big for site, but I'll answer any questions to help figure out what is going on. Worried because plans are to make this one big Snapdragon island.

Thx.
Bob

Comments (7)

• SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
    9 years ago

Pics would be helpful. Use the software for your camera to resize or some email clients will ask you how big you want to send the file, email to self and resize. Also some free software available online that you can resize with.... your best bet for help is a picture.

SCG

• dbarron
    9 years ago

Agree with SGC, you gotta help us help you...

• SusanC
    9 years ago

I have a problem with Snapdragon Rust in my garden, and it sure sounds like that is your problem too. -Do your plants look like this?

{{gwi:22183}}

• SouthCountryGuy Zone 4b-5 SE BC
    9 years ago

Yeah susan if it is I use a garden sulphur....in Canada we don't have access to the bayer products you have 'down' south.

Great photo showing it as well!!!

SCG

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    9 years ago

Agree that Bob has submitted a perfect description of snapdragon Rust disease.

• jitsmith
    Original Author
    9 years ago

That's it!

It's on my OP Snaps in the back border as well. Garden sulfur? A powder to sprinkle? Controls or eradicates it?. Looking it up, heading for garden center. Thx all.

(I will figure out this camera crap, used to be good at this stuff.)

Bob

• jitsmith
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Follow-up; went out this am to trim and spray, found the rust had infected all the plants basically all the way up, so it was pull 'em time. Will try again next year, from new WS seeds, use drip irrigation and hope we're not as cool and damp as this year.