Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patann_gw

petunias

Pat z6 MI
9 years ago

please post your petunia pictures, please.

Comments (18)

• rodco
    9 years ago

This picture was from last month. Since then they have acquired some disease and have almost all died...I will post a follow up photo

• rodco
    9 years ago

Potted Waves

• rodco
    9 years ago

Grew better than expected..

• rodco
    9 years ago

Content in the earthen pot

• rodco
    9 years ago

Potted Purple wave

• rodco
    9 years ago

In my walkway bed

• rodco
    9 years ago

Ok..My last post... Its just I love petunias this year

• 715rose
    9 years ago

Here are some of my petunias,Bubblegum & Tidal Wave Silver actually climbing.
    Rose

• bouquet_kansas
    9 years ago

You have a beautiful flower garden rodco.

• brooklynbonnie
    9 years ago

My first year with space and here is my window box on the front of my house a few weeks ago. Newbie that I am, I planted 5 plants in the 2.5 foot planter thinking it would be necessary to make it look full... LOL! Generic trailing petunia's had no specific label at store and a Pretty Much Picasso in the middle (supertunia?).

• brooklynbonnie
    9 years ago

And my backyard planters with generic trailing petunia's on the right, and what I thought was the exact same plant on the left. Turns out it is probably a Superfinia or Supertunia Royal Magenta. It took much longer to bloom than the dark purple/blue, and grew massive branches and leaves. The blooms are also quite large compared to the other trailing petunia's I have. I have trimmed it regularly as it grows so fast and is on the ground in no time which makes the flowers quite dirty and they mush faster with any moisture.

Each planter has just ONE (1) plant! I felt silly after seeing these reach massive proportions, thinking of how I stuffed 5 plants in the little window box planter out front... :)

• brooklynbonnie
    9 years ago

Last one, showing a little planter on the right, on the table, with more generic trailing petunias. I really like the dark purple/blue ones and have always loved white flowers so having them next to each other for contrast really works for me.

In fact in the picture above, the planter on the right also has moon flower vines growing which provide lovely huge white blooms to contrast with the dark purple petunias at the base. Such a nice combination.

• arlene_82 (zone 6 OH)
    9 years ago

Aladdin white with a couple of geraniums.

• samhain10 - 5a
    9 years ago

Here's a pic from mid-July of Blue Daddy and lobelia.

• jaynine
    9 years ago

'African Sunset'~bloomed profusely all summer.

• jaynine
    9 years ago

Petunia exserta...hummingbird favorite (planted in the vegetable garden--don't mind the weeds!)

• Loretta NJ Z6
    9 years ago

Beautiful photos, everyone! Jaynine, you caught my attention with the petunia exserta. Did you buy from Annies?

• jaynine
    9 years ago

Loretta,
    I initially received the seeds in a trade (from someone who got a plant from Annie's) and have since grown & saved my own. I love those little red star flowers.