Return to the Annuals Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lunaria/money plant: when to sow seed?

Posted by quirkpod 7 Lewisville NC (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 21, 06 at 7:58

Is it too late? How much of a window do we have for sowing Money Plant seeds? I grew them for the first time but they did not reseed, contrary to popular belief regarding invasiveness.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lunaria/money plant: when to sow seed?

I let the seed drops and they grow in spring for me. Try sow some now and some later. If you need more seeds, let me know. I have a bunch. :-)

o

I got my seeds from a wonderful B&B in Taos, NM last summer. The owners were kind enough to share. I have seedlings coming up in pots in my greenhouse. Will these plants be able to survive Louisiana weather?

o

if you meant that you did it for the first time last year ... and they didnt reseed this year ...

is it possible that you have the fever.. and are just giving up before they have actually germinated ... ??? are you aware of others in your 'hood' that have them germinating already???

you might be the first person in history to not get them to reseed ... lol ...

its been a long time.. but dont they germinate a bit later in the the spring.. anyone???? .. perhaps your soil temps have not been warm enough, long enough for this variety???

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Annuals Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here