Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No More Toppled Pots.

Posted by dilly_dally (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 7, 09 at 0:38

I hope this hasn't been posted before..........I found a soluntion to pots being toppled by the wind or vibrations.

peace Pictures, Images and Photos

"On The Edge Pots
Michael Hilgers offers a modern take on the traditional window flower box with his On The Edge Pots (2006). Designed to straddle the railing of a balcony, the pots are made from water-resistant polyethylene and can rest on any railing with a maximum thickness of 60mm. Two separate compartments offer multiple planting options. The On The Edge Pot is ideally suited for urban dwellers with limited outdoor space, but can easily be used in the workspace or restaurants to liven up a patio. Available in orange, white, green, black and white. Design Within Reach."

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No More Toppled Pots.

I'd also have to deal with heavy rain pouring over the upstairs balcony.

Wouldn't trust that in a tropical storm unless a) the pot is very deep and b) I didn't have anything tall in it. Meaning anything more than 1 or 2 times the height of the planter. And the pot would need to have sand or something heavier in it.

My neighbor downstairs is mad about plastic saucers, bottles, etc. that kept being blown off the patio. I think anything that is wide enough to go through the railing could do so in a heavy storm.

I just looked at the DWR site and didn't find this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here