Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to plant on my balcony

Posted by roxburgh17 vic (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 2:05

I have put some artificial grass down on our balcony which is 3mx 3m and am wanting to pot some plants to add some colour but am struggling to come up with what i could plant there?

I was thinking of either cordylines or impaitients.

Any help?

Preferably something that will last year round but am willing to listen to all ideas!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to plant on my balcony

Which way does the balcony face and how much sun does it get during the day? That will determine what plants might do well there.

o

it faces a north west direction and tends to get morning and afternoon sun but shade in the late afternoon and evening.

o

since you are down under, you'll need to figure out approx your climate zone and tell us. otherwise we won't know what your climate conditions are like. not just hardiness zone. sunset zone is much more informative. they only have it for US, but you should be able to find smth similar to your conditions, at least approximately.
http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/

Here is a link that might be useful: sunset climate zones

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here