Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plans...no flowers

Posted by chokolatedove (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 13:02

Hi fellow botanists!! Ive been lurking the site for some time and decided to join! Im so in love with foliage and foliage related things. Anhywhoo...Im going to post a pic of my balcony. I have no flowers....just various greens, cacti, roots, etc. Does anyone else here have these types of plants? I want to plant some flowers, veggies, fruits, etc....but no room! But when I have more room.....

What does your balconey look like? Pls post pics!
I seen the balcony pic thread...but it seems as if it died...:(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plans...no flowers

My Balcony has many plants but most of mine are flowering. I have all mine in containers and they really don't get all that big really. How big is your space really. I don't feel that my balcony is that large but I have managed to fit about 63 different plant varieties and always adding more.

right side
right side balcony

left side
left side balcony

I know my balcony plants are just a mumbo jumbo. I didn't start with a plan and just started buying plants and seeds that I liked and hoped that they would live on my full sun hot pad of a balcony. Maybe next year I will actually draw out a plan and have only a few select plants. Probably/hopefully by this time next year I will have a home and yard instead.

o

it is not "mumbo -jumbo", it is lovely!

o

I love it! I have counted about 50 plants CONTAINERS total. I have many more plants....I have different plants in one container as well. Im not sure how big my balcony is. let me guess...its about 8ft long and about 5 ft wide? I think. I will have to take pictures of it and post. I cant get a good picture with my phone. One of these days I will get digi cam....

o

I just moved to an apartment and have a balcony. I have just begun planting from seeds. I don't have any specific plants in mind I just started buying the ones that I liked. Any particular plants suggested. I have moon flowers growing in a hanging basket and just planted sunflowers, before I realized how tall they are going to get. Lol, I want to plant some four o' clocks and cosmos.

o

If you haven't tried it already - rainbow chard or silverbeet! Huge bright multicoloured edible leaves that are as beautiful and colourful as flowers, and extremely quick and easy to grow.

Plus you don't know what colour will come up from each seed, as they're mixed, so it's exciting too ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Good Life 2.0

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here