Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new balcony

Posted by edithg (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 17:24

hi all, i recently moved to the north of spain and live in apartment with small balcony. it is first time i have balcony space to garden- versus loads of yards... anyway, we are very close to the sea and sometimes the winds can be very strong. i have planted geraniums, morning glories and ivy in window boxes, but i'd like something to cascade down and resist the wind. we get no frost here, but the wind is no fun. i also have small herb garden, some pansies and petunias. one cherry tomato. my space is very limited, but i am looking forward for any advice and suggestion on how to make it more like a "Garden". thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new balcony

Can you get a licorce plant there? I really like the way they cascade down. Portaluca can do this too but need a lot of sun.

On the space issues, a way to maximize height is to nest three different-sized pots within one another. First, fill them with soil, being sure to compact the centre of each pot, then place the biggest on ein the bottom, the next size up in the middle and the smallest on top. Secure the containers by running a length of 2.5 cm pipe through the drainage holes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here