Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dryer vent & plants

Posted by aehtx8 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 5, 07 at 22:26

Hello all,

I have many plants on my balcony, a few of which are directly under the dryer vent. The overhang that the dryer vent comes out of is about 10' above, so the air isn't too strong by the time it hits the plants but it is enough to cause a breeze on the plants.

Will the warmth of the air or the chemicals in the dryer sheets cause any harm?

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dryer vent & plants

If anything, that vent may dessicate the leaves and/or flowers in the path of the flow. The fortunate thing may be that it would not be continual blowing, but you might want to consider redirecting the flow outwards if possible.

o

10' is a long ways away. Our dryer vent is about 30" above our side yard bed. I've never noticed any effects on anything, mostly annuals. By the time the air from the dryer gets to the outside, it is just warm moist air. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Paul

o

Thank you for your help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here