Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sampera_gw

Multiple Pepper Plants Per Pot?

sampera
9 years ago

Hi! Hoping someone can help me here...

I have a small balcony in Miami, FL that has tons of direct (West facing) sunlight. I planted three peppers (location in photo): cayenne (left), habanero (middle), and pepperoncini (right). I have never grown anything before but thought that I'd give it a try knowing how much sun we get here.

So I should probably have read some tips before starting them. I literally dropped like 10 seeds into each pot and did nothing...but they grew! The problem is that I didn't know you're only supposed to plant one per pot. Now I have two cayenne, three habanero, and two peppercini in their respective pots. Is this ok? They seem to be pretty intertwined so I don't want to rip them apart at the root.

Also, the flowers are blooming but keep drying up and falling off. I think I gave them too much fertilizer? I have them Epsom salt the other day because I read that it helps. I've noticed a couple tiny little peppers growing. I've also been pulling off a few leaves that I have found with white mold on them.

Let me know what you think, thanks!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH