Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I just bought the COOLEST thing!

Posted by Marie_in_wa 8 (coastal) (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 05 at 22:35

I found an adaptor to fit a garden hose to my kitchen sink! :) It cut my watering time and effort down to about a 10th of what it was before :) And no more lugging heavy watering cans around!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I just bought the COOLEST thing!

Oh definitely worth it! I've had a hose for awhile now (a "Reel Easy") and just leave my adapter on the sink since I also need it for my Pur filter cartridge.

If you can find the Reel Easy hose, I'd recommend it. It's 50ft long of smaller diameter hose (which makes it lighter), but it has a standard hose fitting on it, will take any of the standard nozzles or wands, and the pressure is very good on it in my experience. Plus it rolls up into its own storage/carrying unit and it can stay outside and handle the weather very well too.

o

Oh I would love one of these, I'm already getting tired of going back and forth to my sink to fill up the water can. Where can I get one and what's the offical name of it?

o

I got mine at Home Depot - can't remember what it was actually called off hand, but if you tell them what it is you need to do, they can help you find it....it cost like $5.00

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here