Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
belbacio

Wilting Plants

BelBacio
9 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am new to balcony gardening after living in a house with a yard. It's been difficult to adjust but I am doing my best!

Currently I have planted tomatoes, beans, watermelon, small peppers, broccoli rabe, basil, parsley, regular broccoli, and figs. The parsley and broccali rabe have done well, the tomatoes were growing fast and tall, and the watermelon and beans looked to have a good start.

Two days ago EVERYTHING started to wilt and everything is not planted together so I am so confused as to what is going on. I had a fruit fly problem which killed two previous tomato plants however they were eating the leaves and the roots became mushy, so I don't think the little flies are back to no good (however they are living in my flower pots and I don't know how to get rid of them after trying many things). I brought my tomatoe plants inside thinking that the humidity was wilting them but it didn't help. After doing some research online I found that there is a bacteria that develops in soil which causes this wilt, but I used different and brand new soil in the planters so I am not convinved this is the issue.

The soil is EXTREMELY moist considering I haven't watered for two days which makes me go back to the humidity issue. Could the humidity be killing my garden? What should I plant in the next summer months that can live?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler