Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roxbury_garden

Tortilla Planting

roxbury_garden
18 years ago

Hello,

I have a variety of container plants on my 3rd floor deck in Boston, most of which are herbs or vegetables. The other day, I went outside to water my plants and found the top of my eggplant knocked off and the side of the container dug up. On closer inspection, I found a big piece of flour tortilla nestled in the dirt, as if someone had planted it. I took it out and threw it away, and the next day, I found another tortilla piece in my strawberry plant (possibly from the same day - not sure). This clearly struck me as quite odd, and I've been trying to figure out the culprit. I have no pets, live only with my boyfriend (who doesn't like tortillas anyway), and have the porch to myself. There are a couple of jr. high kids who live downstairs that could have gotten onto the deck if they really wanted to, but they're nice kids, so I doubt it. My guess is squirrels found a tortilla in the trash and tried to bury it for safe keeping in my container garden. My porch is high up enough so that the only animals who could reach it are squirrels and birds.

Has anyone had a similar surreal experience? Any ideas for keeping them away?

Thanks!

Comment (1)

Sponsored