Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (4)

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

The pics look great! I remember the days when there was room enough so that I could sit out there when I was just starting. Then the jungle began to take over once I caught PJIC-itis. :-p I do still have one of those small park bench sofas and a patio set with umbrella out there but these are surrounded by or are laden with plants. LOL

I like your kitty!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Album

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

BTW - that link I put in was directly to your photo album. :-)

• roxcandy
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Jenny, you're awesome! I felt more confident getting the Miss Kim due to your posts. Thx for answering all my questions. Little Birdie, the calico you saw, also loves the balcony. She was afraid at first of the water fountain (cats hate H2O), but it doesn't bother her now. I also have a small planter with mints: I bought spearmint for some recipes, and Birdie's "grandma" kindly provided us with catnip and lemon balm. I think I will add chives. And maybe plant oats or grass seed for the cat. She used to enjoy having much larger places to run, but being reined in doesn't seem to bother her much now. Perhaps b/c she's getting older. Incidentally, those pigeons (from another post) come to drink occasionally at the fountain, and I think they are nesting on the balcony right above us.

• jenny_in_se_pa
    18 years ago

That's interesting about your experience with your kitty and the water. One of my sisters has a Himalayan who I think is 7 years old this year and the Himmy has always liked some sort of trickle of (or at least moving/running) water to drink from. Back when my sister first got her, she had set up a little water feature that had a little fountain and kitty would love drinking from it. She also liked to drink from the tub when the water was put on a trickle. Any other dealings with water - forgeddaboudit!

The grasses sound good to for kitty - especially the oat grass.

Ugh about the pigeons - especially when they nest. Been there, done that, watched the whole 2 eggs --> 2 young adults process happen in real time a couple summers ago on my balcony.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz