Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snapdragon and pansy seedlings

Posted by BethanyLynnT none (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 23:19

Hello! Last week I planted a small container with some seeds I found in my drawer that were about 5 years plus old. Pretty sure I didn't plant them right as I've discovered snapdragons don't like to be buried as seeds and I did just that. Not deep mind you and I so live in Florida and it's middle of July so they are receiving full sunlight as well as high humidity and it's our rainy season so ample water. My question is how long, if ever, till they sprout? Should I repurpose the pot? I also have tomatoes, carrots, watermelon, and cucumber seeds bought at the same time about 5 plus years ago; Should I toss those or make a go of it with them? Keep in mind the snap and pansy seeds are in a pot on my back porch.

Thanks ahead of time for the advice :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snapdragon and pansy seedlings

Go for it. My collard, kale, and musturd seeds are still viable after 5 years. My green been are not, My watermelon seeds were 4 years and they came up great. If they don't come up, go buy new seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Balcony Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here