Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessiac_3

Morning Tomatoes?

jessiac_3
17 years ago

Hello All,

My first year of gardening on my balcony was not a failure--not really a success, either, but most of the plants survived, despite my laziness to water them as often as I should have... Anyway, I am determined to do better next year. I also would like to try my hand at tomatoes (probably cherry tomatoes). The problem? We face North-East, and are on the second floor, so we have a solid deck above us, and not much direct sun except for in the morning. The sunniest place on my balcony is in front of the air conditioner vent, which blows out hot, dry air when the air conditioner is on. Would I be able to grow tomatoes here?

I saw this "Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter" on www.jungseed.com. I could hang that from the deck above us, but it gets pretty windy on our balcony. Is there any hope for me to grow tomatoes under these conditions? (I promise I'll be more diligent on the waterning next year...I bought a hose and sprayer from a local hardware store, so It will be easier for me to water my plants...) :o)

Any help anyone can provide will be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jessica

Here is a link that might be useful: Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter

Comment (1)