Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
romando_gw

some photos...

romando
18 years ago

I've never posted on this forum; I usually hand out on the seed exchange, but finally have some photos! You'll have to cut and paste the link...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=225207243106

Amanda 'romando'

Comments (8)

• posiegirl
    18 years ago

I couldn't find your photos. Next time you want to post a web address, just put it in the box below labeled "Optional Link URL:" and name it something like "Photos." Then try it to make sure it works, and be sure it doesn't require a password to get in to the site.

• romando
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm sorry guys! I did make a link to it on my member page, which takes you to the slideshow. That one works!
    Amanda 'romando'

• tumbleweeder
    18 years ago

Wow! You really have a lot of flowers growing in your little spaces. This gives me hope! I just moved into an apartment with a tiny weeny balcony that adjoins my neighbors. I am hoping to be otu of there by spring, but you never know. You've given me inspiration to grow a lot and not be afraid of what I can and cannot put out there, my draw back is that I woulld have to find a place to winter some of what I want to grow....dratz!

• VGtar
    18 years ago

VERY NICE!!!
    I love your setup. It looks just like my fantasy for my own balcony! You've given me hope! -I can now see, that I can get room for many more plants out there!!!

• sheryl_ontario
    17 years ago

I can't get in without joining and I'd prefer not to.

• cave76
    17 years ago

I love your garden! I'm especially curious about your African Violets and how they're planted in cups or other non-flower pot things.

How do you keep from over-watering--- What do you put in the bottom for drainage? I'm a first time owner of an AV (someone gave me when they moved). I'm limited in space inside but would love some miniature AV in garage sale tea cups.

• toronto_sal
    17 years ago

Holy moly, that is AMAZING! So many different personalities! I love all the different pansies you have, especially the black one with the white edge. And the trumpet hanging out of the tiny little pram - SOOO great! You are a busy lady. I'm renaming it Amanda's Technicolour DreamGarden.

• romando
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Aw, shucks! Thanks, guys! I actually have lots more photos to add to the slideshow, but I just haven't had time to update it yet. I recently got an iochroma and a brugmansia sanguinea, and it's coming in to poppy season also, so I have SO many beauts to show off now! As for the african violets, they aren't actually planted in the teacups; they're in very small 2" pots which are set into the teacups. There is about a 1/2 " of space between the bottom of the plastic sleeve and the inside surface of the cup, for drainage. However, I DO have a fair amount of african violets actually planted in pots without holes; in those, I am much more cautious when watering. And yes, I've lost a couple. But mostly, it works!

Amanda 'romando'

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks