Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlubih

Wintering Honeysuckle

mlubih
17 years ago

Hi Everybody,

I am a newcomer to this nice forum, I came accross it searching the internet for an idea as I couldn't find a satisfactory answer for my problem. I grow a honeysuckle in a pot on my small balcony. I started to propagate it the summer of 2005. This summer it bloomed and made a number of vines, some of them being about 5 feet long. It is the first winter I have to care what to do with it. I asked an agronomist and she suggested that I don't take it indoors but to isolate the pot in some way. I did it and we had already one night with temperature about 23F (-5C). The leaves in the morning were not in normal shape, kind of frosted, so I couldn't stand that and moved it indoors - on a place between the apartments which is not heated and has some light. That was about 2 weeks ago. Today I saw that the leaves of the plant are falling, many of them yelloish, and as the weather is now quite better (38F at night and 60F at daytime) I took it back to the balcony. Now I really wonder how to proceed.

I love this plant and maybe next spring will find where to plant it in a garden so that I don't torture it this way.

Don't know what type of honeysuckle it is, I can tell only that its flowers are white and become yellow when grow old.

Please help! Thank you in advance!

Mariana, Bulgaria

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living