Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Seeds, seedlings or cuttings for Bonsai

Posted by dgphelps 10 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 08 at 15:03

I'm finally in a house with a yard and can once again work on a few bonsai. I'd love to get my hands on some stock of Trident Maple, Betula, Ficus retusa, Ginko, Crab Apple, or Prunus (Ornamental Prune).

I'd love to either get seeds, seedlings or cuttings to use to start. Of course I'd love actual specimens of any of the above but I've had trouble locating decent ones locally and I'm afraid I don't have the money to purchase them outright at a Bonsai retailer. I'm patient so waiting and growing out plants is ok with me.

I currently have a small olive growing out.

I have seeds available for trade (I'll be updating my available trade list this weekend). I also have a very successful vermiculture setup with red wigglers and an outdoor compost with huge European nightcrawlers I could possible use to trade. Barring that I'd be happy to talk money.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Seeds, seedlings or cuttings for Bonsai

I have bald Cypress seeds i could trade. I would be interested in some red wigglers.

o

I have some bonsai seeds -- ginko, betula, and some other interesting ones.
What would you be trading? Do you just have the one olive? Maybe there are offshoots?

I have a list @ www.freewebs.com/jm5mc5 if there's something you like

o

i have a ficus retusa and i can give you a cutting

o

I have Japanese Maple seedlings 3-6" tall would like to trade for 500-1000 red wigglers? The parent tree dates back to at least 1906 documented! LMN what you think?

o

I could shoot u some redbud seeds

o

Hey DG--I saw on your trade list that you might have sundew plants to swap. If you send an email to me we can talk about it if you're interested. Also, I have a home vermiculture composter for sale if anyone's interested.

Your email is not available via GW, so I had to post here to reach you.

Rick in CT

RRedBBeard AT yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here