Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patty_grower

WANTED: Yellowing Juniper Bonsai

patty_grower
17 years ago

I have a Juniper Bonsai that is yellow at the center and green and growing at the edge. I have fertilized serveral times since May, that is when I received the bonsai. I am very new to this type of gardening. It receives the morning sun, since we live in Texas I am concerned getting the sun all day might be too much. I also water it daily. What is wrong?

Comments (3)

• brendan_of_bonsai
    17 years ago

Two things are wrong so far as I can see, firstly, you've posted in the echange section, now this won't hurt your Juniper but it may slow down the advice that you get, I suggest crossposting in the discussion forum, secondly, junipers like to get a little dry in between waterings, if you don't let that happen they will most likely develop root rot, Also, junipers can take mountain desert sun, I don't think that texas sun is going to hurt them all that much, just prevent the roots from getting to hot you are keeping it outside right?

• patty_grower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes I am keeping it outside, I will move it so it gets more sun, I think I am watering it too much, the directions said to water it everyday, so I have really been watering it everyday. How do I post to discussion now,this is my first time to message. patty

• brendan_of_bonsai
    17 years ago

Yeah, bonsai really should be watered depending on cnditions, no set day system will produce very healthy trees with great root systems.

To post in discussions, you have to make your way to the discussions section of this forum and post the same way there.
    You can follow the link I gave you and book mark it, or you can scroll down to the lists of forums and select bosai from there (as apose to the groupings, were you found Bonsai under the exchange grouping) or you can look at the top of the list of posts in this exchange forum and at the top see were it says "Exchanges [Switch to: Discussions : Gallery]size>size>" and click the link that says discussions.

On garden web the discussions forums generally have white back grounds (I say this because I have not seen them all) and exchanges have this color background, also Galleries generally have a light purple background. Good luck

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus