Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Japanese Maple seeds

Posted by kent_t 6b (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 8:34

Heirloom Japanese Maple seeds (Acer Palmatum) Trading twenty-five seeds per trade. If you need more we can do more trades. The Maple seeds I am offering came from either of two trees one red and one green so the open pollination could be either. I have the seeds separated and can send the color you prefer but no guarantee to the final color. I have used the seedlings for grafting, and Bonsai rootstock, because of the hardiness of the trees.The trees are documented to be at least 100 years old because of the authenticity of the house that was built in 1906 and the trees were planted then or before! The trunk on the maples is 30" or more, are 18-to 20 feet tall and are the same in the spread so that should be a good indication of age. They were shipped here from Japan and were not cultivated here in the states. A friend of mine gave me permission to collect the seeds in hopes to safeguard the original line of the trees. Germination rate is 80% I have been getting these seeds for years now and no problems. I have traded these seeds here and other seed exchanges to the point they are now growing in all but 6 states! Not because of them not growing but no one has requested them. Stratification and germination instructions will be included with the seeds! Seeds collected on 11/1/13 so they are fresh.
Thanks
Kent

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here