Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: bougainvillea 5'', purple

Posted by bill_ftmyers_fl zone10 SW Florida (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 20, 06 at 21:18

I have about a half dozen bougainvillea from hard wood cuttings, rooted very nicly using liquid root hormone. The parrent and cuttings had purple bracts.
Looking for:
-Chinese elm, cork bark
-Japanese maple, non hybrid
-willow leaf ficus

I still have the calamondin oranges with about 5 seeds each, I have about 10 of these. I dried out the fruit, leaving the seed inside.
Im willing to trade both a few bougainvillea and calamondin seeds for one or a few plants off my wish list.

Make me an offer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: bougainvillea 5'', purple

I would love one or two of your cuttings. I have tons of Chinese Parasol Tree seed and probably a few seedlings to trade. Please let me know what you think. Thanks, Cliff

o

Im going to have to say no. Sorry. Im looking for bonsai type plants. The Parasol has huge leaves, Im interested in
willow leaf ficus
Japanese maple
chinese elm
or another small leaf type.
-Bill

o

• Posted by jinenid zone 8 south AL (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 21, 07 at 0:46

I don't get to this site often, as the date shows! Do you have any of the bougainvillea left? You are looking for ficus nerifolia? I have some cuttings that were rooted last summer. Let me know! Jeff

o

Hello,
I'd like 'em all - I'm hoping to start some Boug cuttings.

I have plenty of different prebonsai including your Ficus. Take a look - thanks

o

Bill - still waiting to hear from you.

I also wanted to add - The Chinese Parasol has huge leaves, yes, but I think the reason she offered you some is because they have an awesome huge taproot that can be raised. I do this with mine, and it's quite stunning - I have some babies as well to offer. Thanks

o

I have to appoligize for not getting back to you guys. I have a pop up every day to remind me to get back to you. I snoozed on it since october.
I have been moving and in that I lost the plants. They didnt like being moved, I think it shocked them.
But since I have a cuttings box and know how to do this, Ill try again in the spring when I have my own house and wont be moving around.
Ill post here when I get them rooted and ready to trade. Im going to drive around and find a purple plant and possibly an orange or yellow one. Get a varity.

Till I post again, take care and have a happy new year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here