Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wikki_gw

I need help in classification

wikki
17 years ago

Hi, I recently was given a Bonsai by my girlfreind as a gift. Unfortunalty, I have no idea what species it is because I'm just a light-weight amature (I have another Bonsai that I purchased a few years ago)I've tried loading pictures, but all mine are about 900kb.. and it only allows 60.. so I'm going to try and describe it. The bark is a light brown and the tree is shaped so that it comes straight our of the pot, makes a 90 degree bend to the left.. than another 90 degree bend up.. The leaves are tiny and plentiful, they are a tear-dropped shape with dark etchings on the faces (like the veins). It look sas if tiny flowers may bloom, however being winter right now, I'm not sure if that's what theses brown lumps are... finally, im not sur eif this is part of the tree, but there seems to be a white powder at some points on branches, easily removeable.. I dont know if this is some sort of steroid.. I cant see why it'd be placed on the branches where not cut's have occurred.. well that about it.. if you can help but need pictures I can send through email. All help is greatly appreciated

Comment (1)