Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Camellia Bonsai

Posted by salude01 Maryland (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 31, 08 at 13:21

I mistakenly posted this under the exchange section... I'd probably get more help here:
I recently lost a baby and recieved a Camellia Bonsai for a memorial of my daughter. She was born and died in early December and they thought it would be an appropriate gift since the tree blossoms during that time.
The plant arrived before we had to go out of town for the funeral and all of the family stuff (nine days). The person caring for our dogs was instructed to care for the plant as well, but failed to do so. We were out of town for nearly two weeks and the plant was entirely neglected.
All of the leaves are completely dried out and cracking and falling off. All of the blossoms are dried and falling. I have been watering it faithfully since we've been home (almost two weeks now) with no progress. I don't know what to do! Please help!
I might not be so upset about it if it weren't of such great sentimental value.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Camellia Bonsai

Just because it's a bonsai, it doesn't change the species of the plant. You should just google camellia care and see what information you get, and I am sorry for your lost. That must be heartbreaking for you.

o
RE: Camellia Bonsai

I'm very sorry for your loss. Must be very difficult for you.

To test the camellia - to see if it's still alive, scrape a bit of bark lightly and see if it's green underneath. If so, you're ok. If not, then it's likely past repair.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here