Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plumerias_gw

HELP! Dried out serissa bonsai..

plumerias
11 years ago

I left for vacation almost two weeks ago, leaving all my plants for my mom to care for. They were all fine EXCEPT for my poor bonsai. It's a serissa, which is already finicky, but it seemed to be perfectly happy in my care and was about to bloom again before I left. My mom told me last week that some leaves were turning yellow, so I thought she may have been overwatering it. But now, I come back and the soil is bone dry. Right now, all the leaves seem to be dead and drying up and none of them are "plump" enough to revive now. However, I did a scratch test and the tree is still green under the bark, even at the branches. I understand that it's probably going to die, but I think it's still alive at the moment so I might as well try to revive it. Does anyone have any advice or tips or anything? :'( I cried for an hour, my grandma bought this bonsai for me and it was so pretty. Gah.

I'm guessing it needs less water now that there are no living leaves. I gave it a good watering to get the soil damp again, but I don't know what to do from here.. Thanks for any help!

Comment (1)

Sponsored