Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pointsettia bonsai

Posted by michael1846 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 15:16

I bonsai my Christmas pointsettia. (Spelling?) Has any else done this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pointsettia bonsai

I do not, but that sounds interesting.

o

It's interesting but you cannot wire it because the stems will snap. That means you have to be great at pruning

o

I was actually considering doing this! I have an awesome looking poinsettia that I found at Home Depot for 2 dollars this year with the most amazing color and branching. I was going to cut it back in a few weeks and start the transformation. Now I'll document it! Here is a photo of the color.

photo CAD6063E-70CD-4575-93C8-7FD0EE8DF5F8_zps9k3ngjl0.jpg

o

cut the red leaves off it will grow faster also a branch grows from where a leaf falls out.they get woody so it will look good :)

o

That was exactly what I was going to do, I want to give it another week or so first... it looks too cool to just chop right now!

o

The leaves chop them off or just cut the entire thing down 4 or 6 inches. The flower tops (where the yellow part is) will fall off eventually if you decide to just cut some leaves. Don't worry about the bleeding it will be ok.i would post an update on mine but they are having little noticeable growth atm.

o

OH! I forgot this is right after I chopped their heads off

o

Would you like yo see the all ready started bonsai????

o

Sure!

o

Here it is its growing in after another cut back.

o

Hi
I have the "blessing ,curse of being able to grow them outdoors where they grow into monsters lol. I never keep up with the pruning,feeding over the year so result is far below what is possible . Can't think of a more ideal plant for Bonsai . Good luck with it gary.

o

Thank you it's a great plant I hate when people toss them my church has so many to give away I don't know what I'm going to do with all of them

o

Michael that looks awesome! I love how woody you've managed to get the stem! I just cut mine back! Here's a few pics.

photo A3AD655D-0022-4DF2-9605-A76E96CD27BC_zpsgf1b3gez.jpg

photo A3AD655D-0022-4DF2-9605-A76E96CD27BC_zpsgf1b3gez.jpg

o

joe there is 2 in that pot you might want to seperate them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here