Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bose31

mature bonsai in need of a overhaul

bose31
13 years ago

hello im new to gardenweb and to bonsai. my wife's grandfather raised and shapped the bonsai tree that i aquired 2 years ago. up to this point i have done nothing to it. it is a very old (i cant tell you exactly but definately over 10 years, could be more like 20) what i am guessing to be a black pine, its about 3 feet tall. my wifes grandfather is now 95, and used to be an expert gardener. for a while it looked good, i sunk the pot in my back yard. then it went brown and i thought i killed it. now it has started to grow again, but the needles are SO much longer than all the original needles. i went to a budist temple in LA this weekend (memorial service) and saw what real bonasi should looke like and got inspired, but its been so long since it has been mantained i dont even know where to start. i obviously want to keep it looking good (gardening is a new found hobby) and id hate to kill a truely awsome tree that i have come into ownership of. i will try to post pics if i can figure it out, they are also posted in my profile =D thank you in advance!

Comments (3)

Sponsored