Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Pine Bonsai Is Dying Can I Save It?

Posted by thisdugan Pennsylvania, US (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 16, 11 at 21:24

My Pine Bonsai Is Dying Can I Save It? I got a young one from a friend yesterday. I don't think he did a great job watering it because when I got it the soil was as hard as a brick. I gave it some water(not to much).It still isn't getting better. All the needles are at the top half of the tree. The needles are green but it dose not take much force at all to break the needles of the stem. Is it just not a good one or am I doing something wrong. It is really dry and cold here because it is winter. I need a response soon so if you could answer this it would be great!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Pine Bonsai Is Dying Can I Save It?

Is it indoors or out (where it should be)? If it's out, I would think the soil is frozen and therefore needs no water at all. If it's in, it may or may not be too late. Scrape an inch long mid-trunk piece of bark and if there's green underneath it may still be ok. More information would help.

o

I have a similar tree which I received as a gift for christmas, and I also have similar conditions for my plant. I learned that it would be very stressful to make a transition to living outdoors. Is it possible to make that transition? If not will it live indoors?

o

If a tree's been living indoors until now, probably the coldest week of the year or so, now would not be the time to put it outdoors. You'll have to keep it inside somehow until it's warmer out (consistently above freezing overnight) and hope for the best.
Zachman - A "similar" tree could be anything, and may need different care. Can you post a picture?

o
pruning picea glauce conica

I recently bought this picea glauce conica bosai, here in my home town is the second month of summer and temp in day time is about 100F. Can i do some pruning now or i should wait till fall, please give me advise about it ,thanks all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here