Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jac06k

Bonsai Help for a Noobie

jac06k
11 years ago

I've always wanted a Bonsai for a while and my girlfriend surprised me this valentine's day with a Bonsai. She had it shipped from a place, don't know where from. It didn't tell me what type of bonsai it was but with enough research I narrowed it down to a Juniper. It's small and was delivered in a moderate oval pot that was packed with only black dirt, however, the pot did have drains. My biggest issue is that my apartment does not face the sun at all, no matter the time of day. I've been trying to see what the best solution would be to keep my bonsai healthy. Putting it outside is not an option and my balcony is only good for fresh air. Its winter in Georgia which this time around is cold but no snow. I was hearing mixed reviews about grow lights but it seems like its my only option. I've had the bonsai for 4 days now and I'm noticing it is starting to get some brown/yellow leaves. I watered it once a day for 2 days, keeping the soil moist. However, the soil has stayed moist and I haven't had a need to water it since. Please help me save this little guy. It's my first and I know its typical to lose one/a few as a beginner but I want to keep this one alive if at all possible. I'm ordering a grow light tonight since I have no other option. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks a bunch!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?