Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junmilo

Japanese White Pine Dying?!?!?

junmilo
13 years ago

Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum.

Last fall(Oct, 2010)...me and my wife purchased a 5ft tall Japanese white pine for my father's birthday...it has 3 year full money back warranty if anything happens to it from the nursery we bought it from...

When we purchased it..it had seed pods on top of the tree and all the needles were green...looks very healthy...

we bought the necessary soil required for replanting.

The tree originally was packaged in a root ball..so no soil at all...it was all roots...we bought a huge flower pot...wider then the root ball of the pine tree and 4 bags of acidic soil..for the tree...

we planted it into the pot..with proper drainage at the bottom of the pot...

so the tree was good for couple of month..when December Came...we have noticed some of the green needles starting to fall off the pine tree.....then when Jan came...the top part of the pine tree..well the green colours are turning light brown..and more leaf are falling off......the soil was never dry...

over the weekend when i went back to my father's house to look at the pine tree after the snow storm...i noticed that almost 70%(starting from the top to bottom) are all brown....the needles closer to the roots are still green and healthy looking...

i have also snapped off some branch that got no more needles...they seem to be all dried up..they are like crispy..

my question is...is my father tree dying? should i take it out of the pot and submerge it into a tub full of water? any chance i can save it???

Thank You

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus