Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paulzie32

Old Boxwood Hedge - Would like Assistance-pic heavy

paulzie32
13 years ago

At work, the did some landscaping and pulled out about 50 old Boxwood bushes that formed a long hedge.

I grabbed one... out of the dumpster... that looked interesting but could really use some help with it. Right now it's in a large pot until I know it's recovered from it's "Hacking" out of the ground.

It was apparently squared and had another bush that was against it... so it's got some large bare patches.

I know I need to cut it down... But I hate to lose some of those amazing, twisted smaller branches at the top... I wish I had the room to root some of them to make smaller Bonsais with.

Anyway... If anyone would like to help... Please copy pics and draw lines where you'd cut and if you want to give an explaination.

I'm not sure if I should leave the three plants together or separate them.

should I cut them way back and just let them back bud a new crown or wait a while for some new growth?

I LOVE the trunk on the center plant... with the hollowed out knot holes!

Anyway... here's some pics from different angles. It's probably about 2 feet tall and wide.

I have more pics and can take more.

Please... Comments and Suggestions!

and if they're too big... sorry... I'll go back in and edit the post to correct if necessary.... if I can

TIA

{{gwi:6524}}

{{gwi:6526}}

{{gwi:6528}}

{{gwi:6530}}

{{gwi:6532}}

{{gwi:6534}}

{{gwi:6536}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored