Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dshepard_gw

My collected White Birch Tree Paper birch i believe

dshepard
14 years ago

I have a White Birch Tree Im a Very enthusiatic Bonsai collector. this perticular Birch was naturaly stunted whit a 2.5 in trunk base growing from within a rock with barly any root along side a river and no leaves it was taken late last fall. I put the tree with no roots in some promix soil. watterd it. then basically let it freez in the garage all winter. It did have buds all over it. I brough the tree inside and placed aside a window about a month ago.along with putting in a new mixture of sphangum moss scotts premium soil and hoffmans bonsai soil. a few buds brok and leaf has started to amerge. today i walked in the room to find. theres about ten that have split and about another 5 that have opend into wonderfull bright green leaves.. i dont dare to even pull the tree to check if roots are developing. however im asuming they must if the buds are opening. How long do should i wait to check the status on the roots?? How long before i attempt to feed it. and transplant it to a more suitable pot?? And is this a very harty tree. or a miracle. lol please let me know

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus