Return to the Bonsai Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cascading P. Afra ~ Trimming / Wiring Ideas

Posted by dethcheez Sunny SoCal Z10 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 20, 14 at 22:56

Hey

Been growing this one for IDK about a good 3 - 3 1/2 years now
The 2 cascading ones I started from like 1 - 1 1/2 in. cuttings that I got to drape over the sides of the pot & they're holding their shape nicely

The one in the center isn't as old
Added that 1 later to fill in space
Going to strip most of the leaves off the stem & braid it once it gets a little longer

But not sure what I want / should do with the 2 cascading ones
I know they're going to start growing upwards

Kind of stuck between cutting them (see 2nd pic) or trying to wire them to the main steam so the cascade is fuller

What Would You Do???
Open to suggestions ideas etc & so on

PEACE...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cascading P. Afra ~ Trimming / Wiring Ideas

Ok

Marked (some of) the branches I'm debating on cutting or trying to wire to the main stem so they cascade downward instead of growing upward & messing up the shape of the cascade

Thanx...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bonsai Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here